Write thoughtful 500-word response papers on the attached readings
The papers should include the following:
• What is the author’s main argument?
• What are the key assumptions?
• Is the argument logically consistent?
Write most of your paper on the following points:
• How are the selected readings connected? Find common elements in all the readings.
• What important elements of comparative politics are discussed in the readings?
• How do the readings fit into the course as a whole? (This is critical part of the paper, make sure you write enough to show as many connections and also emphasize the differences between the articles.)
Examples: Laitin (2007) argues that…./ “…..”(Laitin 2007:50)
1. Don’t start with article title ,is not required . Start with Author’s name.
2. Mention the year after the author name For example: Laitin (2007)
3. If you use direct quote mention the page #
How the paper should be:
1. Paragraph 1 / Briefly introduce each article
2. paragraphs 2,3,4
3. paragraph 5/ Conclusion