1) Describe the operations function’s transformation process and provide an example for each element.
2) Distinguish between upstream and downstream firms in a supply chain and provide an example.
3) Distinguish between first-tier and second-tier suppliers in a supply chain and provide an example.
4) Supply chains have been in existence for over a century. What is different about supply chains in the twenty-first century from those in existence 100 years ago?
5) Briefly discuss the three important trends in business that have focused attention on operations and supply chain management.
6) What are three possible career paths in operations and supply chain management? What functions would each path perform?
7) Choose any two non-operations business functions. Provide examples of an operations or supply chain activity that interfaces directly with each business function you have chosen.