This is part one of the class project assessments. Click here to see the overview of the assignments.
Complete a research essay on the government and national security. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
Terrorism, national defense, and border security are always hot topics. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about American national security.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- 300 word minimum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
- See the essay rubric for further details on grading.