I have a history essay that requires to read all document and responds:
Examine all of the assigned chapters and documents, as well as the Power Point(s) in the folder. Many believed that the young United States is having an identity crisis. It may be helpful to consider the following:
1. How does “the West” offer new opportunities for women? For Americans in general?
2. What do Emerson, Thoreau, and Finney think the biggest problem in America is?
3. What solutions do they suggest?
4. How are their views of the United States different? How do they overlap?
- What do the sources “Voice of freedom” reveal about the period we are studying? What insight does each document provide? In other words, how does it relate to the textbook readings “Give me liberty”? The Power Points? Try to place the different sources “in conversation” with each other to understand a time period
- You need to rely less on summary and demonstrate more of your own analysis.You don’t have to use the “one paragraph per source” structure. You might try to look for common themes and connections (or contradictions) between the readings. Synthesize this evidence to support your argument.
NOTE: Do NOT use outside internet sources to try to understand these documents. Please engage all sources I proved into the essay.
Citation: Cite by the article’s name+pp. For example:
When citing the textbook, list the title in italics and page number(s): Ex) (Give Me Liberty, pp. 468-469)
When citing a primary source in “Voice of freedom”, list the first two or three words of the title and page number(s), if available: Ex) (“American Soldiers in the Philippines,” p. 5)
Ex) (Hawaii’s Last Queen)
When citing a Power Point, list “Power Point” and topic: Ex) (Power Point, Reconstruction and Jim Crow)
Length: 2 pages double-space (600-700words)
I don’t need to use too much academic words.