Diagnosis of “A Native American Elder”
“Red” is the name you might use to describe a wide variety of colors—from crimson to magenta to pink. It is a convenient label, but it might not be specific enough in all cases. Similarly, a principle diagnosis is a label for a complex set of complaints a client presents. It is a classification that also aids in administrative functions such as completing insurance claims and determining treatment options; however, below the surface, individuals with the same diagnosis usually are quite different.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Focus on pages 106-134 of Abnormal Psychology.
The assignment: (1–2 pages)
- Construct a diagnosis for the case “Depression in a Native American Elder” described on page 11 of your text.
- Be sure to fully justify the diagnosis with appropriate references to the Learning Resources, and include necessary descriptors.
- Explain any additional information that might be significant to the assessment, treatment, and welfare of this client.
APA FORMAT ONLY