- Review the datasets provided.
- Construct a research question based on one of those datasets.
- Remember that your dependent variable must be dichotomous.
- Think about how you might use the odds ratio in your analysis to simplify the interpretation of your results.
By Day 5
For the week 5 assignment, please use the GSS2014_student_8260 binary logistic regression.sav file. Use “Gun in Home” as the dependent measure and the other three variables as predictors. Be sure to discuss how you used the Political Party variable in your problem; i.e., are you treating it as a nominal, ordinal, or scale in SPSS? Evaluate the overall model and interpret all of the logits in the model. Finally, discuss whether the model may have real world implications.
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format in which you answer the following questions:
- What is the null hypothesis for your question?
- What research design(s) would align with this question?
- What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
- What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
- How well did the model fit?
- If you found significance, what is the strength of the effect?
- What is the answer to your research question?
- What are the possible implications of social change?
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis.
*Note: The transcript of a Binary logistic regression video is attached. If used, here is the proper reference:
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017d). Binary logistic regression [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.