I am looking for two essay with an argument.
brief introductory paragraph with a thesis and at least three additional paragraphs in which you provide support for your argument and a brief conclusion
(each essay four paragraphs)
use a point
l. Historian David Muzzey wrote in 1927 that “America is the child of Europe.” To what extent do you agree with his interpretation of American history? What do you think he meant by this and how accurate, if at all was his interpretation? In your essay, consider possible problems with his interpretation as well as what he might be leaving out. What might you propose as another thesis statement concerning the settlement and colonization of the Americas? Explain. Use must include information from both PRIMARY and SECONDARY sources assigned for this course. Be sure to have a time reference(s) in your essay
2. Compare and contrast two or more of the English colonies in the 17th century (or compare regions, e.g Caribbean vs. New England, or Chesapeake, etc.). Think in terms of some of the following: colonists motivations for settlement, the colonial economy (crops, etc.), the labor system that becomes dominant, the societies they established, relationship with Native Americans, and/or the type or success of the societies they established. Make this question more manageable by focusing in on a few specific colonies and a few of the above topics. Use must include information from both PRIMARY and SECONDARY sources assigned for this course There are two pages to this exam review guide.
- King James on Tobacc
- Instructions to Virginia Colony
- Quotations from English colonizers.
- Camilla Townsend, Pocahontas,
- Taylor, Colonial America,